We all may have different paths to embody our spirituality, however, we all have an intrinsic need to belong, to be loved, and to be valued. Sometimes in our romantic, or close relationships we find ourselves in different practices & may even ponder our compatibility regarding our differences in practice & theory.
Goal: To create a shared understanding of values, practices and celebrate individuality which gives life to authenticity to align ourselves to love and connection
Time allotted: 45 mins, and as often as you like
Materials needed: Your open mind, communication, writing utensils, notebook, individual sacred texts or guidebooks, meditative music
Objective 1: Find shared values – Everyone answer the question & share w/one another
- Question 1: What are our whys of having a shared practice?
- Question 2: What do we value most when it comes to spirituality?
- Question 3: What does it mean to be connected, together & still be an individual?
Objective 2: Explore common meanings & differences.
- Question 1: What current spiritual practices do I have?
- Question 2: What text or community do I use as a guide?
- Questions: 3 & 4: For two of the values mentioned for objective 1, what does your sacred text, guidebook say about it? How does this impact your practice?
Objective 3: Create a shared practice
- Question 1: Which one of the spiritual practices each of you do, that you want to do together?
- Question 2: Do you need to change any of the languages to make it more authentic for everyone? For example, prayer may end with “Ameen, amen and so it is” and not just exclusively one
- Question 3: How often and when do you want to fulfill this shared practice?
Congratulations you have taken some time with your loved one(s) to connect and expand your consciousness to a universal, shared practice! May you continue to grow in faith, love & connectedness