Call for Poetry
PEACE IN PERSPECTIVE
Love Now Media’s Poet’s Press invites poets to submit poetry with the theme Peace In Perspective, drawing inspiration from local, national, and global news to craft works that resonate with themes of peace, community, politics, environmental justice, social justice, and personal wellness. This call for poetry is an invitation to write, engage, reflect, and influence through the power of perspective in today’s media landscape.
About Love Now Media’s Poet’s Press
Created on the principle of giving voice to the underrepresented, Love Now Media’s Poet’s Press stands as a testament to the power of poetry in articulating the path toward social justice, human rights, civic engagement, and activism. Inspired by the legacies of Black poets like Sonia Sanchez, Langston Hughes, Gwendolyn Brooks, and Audre Lorde, we’ve created a unique space where poets can offer nuanced perspectives on local and global news and societal issues from a community-focused viewpoint.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between Black and Brown communities and mainstream news coverage, recognizing the vital role poets play in this dialogue. Love Now Media’s Poet’s Press is pioneering in its approach, employing Black and Brown poets alongside journalists to publish works that provide context, challenge narratives, and celebrate the richness of our communities.
We are committed to supporting our poets through equitable compensation, offering $150-$500 for published poems. Beyond financial support, we provide a platform for poets to be featured at events within the journalism space, fostering relationships with major news outlets and highlighting their creative endeavors.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking original, unpublished poems that draw from the well of current events, offering insights, critiques, and reflections on the world as it unfolds. Your submission should:
- Be inspired by local, national, or global news, addressing themes of peace, community needs, personal reflections, politics, policies, land, and wellness.
- Reflect the ethos of Love Now Media’s Poet’s Press, embodying our commitment to wellness, equity, and justice.
- Offer a fresh perspective, using personal experience, knowledge, and creativity to engage with the news in a way that is both insightful and transformative.
- Poems should be original and unpublished.
- There is no strict word limit, but we encourage submissions to be thoughtful and concise.
- Please include a brief statement (no more than 250 words) about your inspiration and how your poem engages with current events.
- Submissions should be sent to Poet’s Press Submissions , including your name, contact information, and a short bio.
- The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, February 16th, 2024
Publication and Compensation
Selected poems will be published in Love Now Magazine and/or Love Now Media’s website reaching a wide audience of readers passionate about poetry, justice, and community. Poets whose works are selected will receive compensation ranging from $150 to $500, in recognition of their valuable contributions. Poets always own their work. We request exclusive publication rights for 60 days.